While the writing has been on the wall for car forums for a long time, there are still a few people out there flying the forum flag for us tragics. One of them is a talented young bloke by the name of Heath, who has been building his dream car for over 8 years, taking it from a daily driver to a show-stopping and track-attacking stunner. Like most people in 2013, he started to document his progress on a model-specific forum. The difference is, he stuck with it, and still keeps that thread updated, even up until the present day.
This car is the mechanical representation of everything Heath embodies as a person. It’s an extension of not only his personality and style, but also his work ethic and attention to detail. There are so many things I could say about Heath and this car, but as usual, no one says it better than the builder themselves. Every single modification has been thoroughly documented over 70+ pages. As I always say, get yourself a warm or cold beverage, find a comfortable place to sit down, and get lost in 8 years of pure car-building nirvana.
Specs at a glance:
• UC Holden Torana Hatchback
• Bodywork converted to LX A9X spec including front and rear lights and bodykit
• 383ci Holden V8 running on straight LPG with ITBs
• Tremec TKO 600 5spd manual transmission
• Custom sunroof based on a Porsche 944 grafted in to roof (all metal)
• 16×10 & 17×12 Panasport G7 C5R Wheels
• Substantial weight reduction via the swiss-cheese method
• Awesome-as-f**k 80’s inspired colour combination and attitude to boot
CLICK HERE for the full build thread.
Got a build thread (or know of one) that should be on this site? Email me buildthreads(at)gmail.com