From the seller’s description:
1964 Volvo Amazon 122s restored and repowered with a new Cummins R2.8 turbo diesel.
Will ship worldwide
Featured at 2018 SEMA show in hot rod alley in the Cummins booth. This car was driven 600 miles to SEMA, washed, driven into the hall, and then driven 600 miles back to ABQ after the show. Not very many cars can boast this for the SEMA show. It also gets 40+ mpg on the highway at 80mph, one tank from ABQ Nm to Las Vegas NV.
- 1964 Volvo amazon that has been fully restored to show quality but built to be used and driven
- New Cummins r2.8l turbo diesel with EGR deleted and tuned to around 390 ft lbs of Torque.
- Tremec tr6060 6 speed manual transmission from a 2010 camaro
- 1310 Tom woods drive shaft
- Custom width Ford 9” rear axle with 3.25 gears and LSD
- 4 wheel disk brakes with parking brake and cutting brake
- 2” drop coils with matching shocks, IPd sway bars
- 4 link rear suspension, Renforced IFS up front with mustang 2 rack and pinion
- High flow aluminum radiator and charge air cooler
- Wilwood pedal box with master cylinders
- Method rally wheels to match the stock pattern
- Dakota digital gauges
- Vintage air air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Tilt column
- Kenwood headunit with JL speakers
- Procar front seats with sliders
- LED headlamps with turn signals
- Shaved rear bumper and custom lower valance up front
- 17 gallon fuel cell out back
- 2.5” stainless exhaust
- 5150 miles approx since built but this is bound to go up slightly as it still is driven.
Car was built in 2018 to take on a promotional trip as well as to SEMA 2018. Original car had very little rust but all rust was repaired along with the majority of the floor was cut out and replaced with new sheet meal to fit the new drivetrain. Car was taken complete to bare metal and primer sealed before paint. All trim was shaved along with any unnecessary holes. Rear flip out windows were deleted with solid seals and glass. Glass was replaced as needed and tinted. Procar seats were installed and the OE rear seat was recovered to match. Headliner was replaced with suede and new black carpet was installed. Door cards were covered with a red, white, black plaid to bring back some of the 60s style, and yes a bit British for a Volvo.
The car has extensive sound attenuation and is ready to go. I would not heasitate to get in it tomorrow and drive to New York. I personally have put the 5000 miles on this restoration and love it. I really hate to see it go but it’s time to build something new. This Volvo will cruise 75-80+ mph all day long getting 35-45mpg, and has no shortage of power….. I have seen 46mpg on a tank cruising at 65-70 mph and this economy should get slightly better after 15-20k break-in miles. It must be said that you know when the car is running because you are sitting a foot or two away from a Diesel engine but it is not loud. My wife has spent 3k miles in the passenger seat and prefers this car to many of my others. We easily did 500 miles a day on the week long trip with little to no fatigue.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Find more Volvos for sale on Hemmings.com.