Custom crew cab car hauler 1947 Chevrolet COE for sale on Hemmings.com. From the seller’s description:
Custom 3-door, 5-Window Extended Cab
Restored and Excellent
350ci V8 / Automatic Transmission
1: Flint, MI assembly plant
ES: 137” Wheelbase, 1-ton
J: October production
1455: 455th unit built for 1947
Engine: Casting # 3970010, X-code (350ci V8 from 1969, 4 bolt main)
– Please see the video along with the listing, as the truck is shown in detail.
– Body restoration and paint in 2016-2017, interior new in 2018.
– Superwinch 4500lb winch (part number 045328) is functional.
– 16” Eagle Alloy wheels are in excellent shape. Hankook Maxi-Vantage F19 tires are in nice shape as well. DOT J6H0302.
– Glass and lights lenses are all clear and crack-free.
– Decking shows minimal oxidation. Chrome is all new, as is all hardware, wipers, etc.
– Custom sun brow fabricated into the roof. Looks great with the split windshield.
– Custom Oldsmobile teardrop rear wheel openings.
– Interior is brand new and looks fantastic. The body-colored dash has a polished cluster, new gauges, undersized steering wheel, and a brown vinyl dash pad that matches the custom two-tone brown and tan vinyl front/rear seats and brown carpeting. A suede headliner rounds out the interior. There are no blemishes or signs of wear whatsoever in the interior, and there is sound deadening throughout.
– Gauges are all functional. There is also a pressure gauge and controls to the air-ride suspension just below the dash. Odometer is digital and shows just 25 miles since restoration.
– Power windows are functional
– Pioneer Mosfet radio is functional.
– Clean, door-handle-less doors are opened with a pull button under the cabin. There is also electric door releases on the key fob.
– No air conditioning. It’s plumbed for vintage air conditioning, though not set up. Condenser is in place, compressor is not hooked up and hasn’t been tested for functionality.
Under the Hood / Underbody:
– Engine is a small block Chevy 350 V8, dated from 1969. The engine has been relocated from under the doghouse to the rear for improved cabin space. The small block provides sufficient towing capacity for single-car hauling. Hydramatic transmission. Engine has a Weber 8867 4 barrel carburetor on it. Front disc brakes, drums in the rear. Air Ride Technologies suspension.
– Truck runs and drives very well. It brakes nicely, tracks straight, accelerates and shifts smoothly, and displays no tendencies of any concern. The truck is based on a heavy-duty RV platform.
See more Chevrolets for sale on Hemmings.com.