From the seller’s description:
1988 BMW M6, Selling a pristine orignal example of a very rare car. Only 246 M6 were sold in the US in 1988 which was the last year of production for the E24. Amog other smaller changes, in ’88 the bumpers are paint-matched and are the same smaller versions like the Euro Spec models. Headlights also improved in ’88. This is a 2 owner car. Original mileage just hit 50,000. Paint and interior are all original and are the best I have seen on any E24. I have owned about 6 of them. Front air dam, mirror caps were profesionally painted in 2013 and matches perfectly. Paint is 9.5/ 10 and interior the same. Carfax and AutoCheck available for serious buyers.
Car was of the road and in climate-controlled storage from 2005-2012. In 2014-2016 significant maintenance / tune up / upgrade work was done. Over $13,500 was spent bringing ths car to ultimate road-ready condition. Car now runs and drives like a new car. Some of the highlights of the very recent work, all within last 4,000 miles:
– New Michelin High Performance tires and new OEM BMW Style 36 wheels
– SLS suspension swapped with new Bilstein Sport front and rear. New pitman arms.
– All new control arms, bushings upper and lower front and rear. New Thrush Rod bushings
– New front and rear brake pads and rotors / sensors & brake accumulator
– Valve cover gasket, valve adjustment, hoses, clamps, all 3 belts. New spark plugs.
– New water pump, A/C recharge. Fuel filter, relay, main relay.
– All new weather stripping on entire car.
– $1,800 custom stereo system to match factory design. Indetectable.
– New clutch and slave cylinder.
– Over $13,500 in receipts for above work.
– 1 of 246 sold in the US in 1988. 1 of 1,632 ever produced for North America.
– Last year of the M6. First and only year of “World Bumpers” to match look of Euro Spec M cars.
– 260hp & 243 lb/ft torque. 0-60 in 5.9 seconds.
– Original 5 Speed manual Getrag transmission.
– 3.91 rear-end gear-ratio.
– Limited Slip Differential.
– ALL serial numbers in drivetrain match VIN and original to car.
– Original Cinnabar Red (Zinnoberrot) paint & Natur (Natural) Napa leather upholestry.
– Original factory stereo and TRX LA Wheel included.
– 2 owners. Carfax and Auto check to verify mileage as original.
– Heated front seats / Rear A/C / Leather Steering Wheel / Electric Seat Adjust with Memory
– Zero rust. Stored inside 9 months a year.
San Diego, California
Find more BMWs for sale on Hemmings.com.