Flathead-powered flamethrower 1950 Ford custom for sale on Hemmings.com. From the seller’s description:
– Paint is fantastic. It looks red at first glance, then as the light changes, it becomes more of a magenta. Magenta contrasts beautifully with the flames, which are yellow with subtle green and blue tips. This car has serious presence, and gets a response from everybody that enters our showroom.
– See video with listing, as every blemish on the car is shown close-up and in direct sunlight. There sure aren’t many. The most major cosmetic imperfections on the car are a couple small scratches and touched-up chips at the bottom corner of the driver door. There are also a couple more light scratches on the lower passenger quarter. Again, please defer to the video.
– Wheels and tires are in excellent shape. Tires are close to new American Classic Whitewalls, and the DOT number indicates they were manufactured in 2008.
– Glass and light lenses are all clear and crack-free.
– Chrome is excellent throughout. Only the tiniest bit of oxidation on the innermost portion of the front bumper.
– Interior is mint throughout, with the exception of a 1” tear on the outer driver’s seat. Grey corduroy shows no other signs of wear. No fraying, scuffs, or anything of the sort. Rear seats appear as-new.
– Grey carpeting is excellent.
– Gauges are all functional. As is heat, defrost, and the modern Pioneer sound system. Odometer reads 74,352 and is functional, though we cannot verify that this is the true mileage.
– Sony speakers both up front and under the rear window.
– Roll up windows track nicely.
– Doors open and close without any fuss.
Under the Hood / Underbody:
– Engine is a correct 8BA flathead V8. While we aren’t positive that it’s the original unit, it’s the correct unit for the car. Numbers on the block read 8BA H231. 3-speed manual on the column shifts nicely, very smooth with no grinding or tendencies of concern.
– Car runs and drives extremely well. Fires right up and sounds fantastic, idles low and steady, and accelerates without any hesitation. The truck tracks dead straight under both acceleration and braking, and did we mention it sounds great? Suspension is in excellent order, the car soaks up speedbumps very nicely. Wouldn’t hesitate to drive the car anywhere; it’s well-sorted and very confidence-inspiring.
– Please take a look through the underbody photos, as it’s documented in detail. Underbody looks very good. Absolutely no through rust, nothing more than very minor surface rust. No damage or anything of the sort.
– This car has MSD Flame Throwers, so if you rev the car high and abruptly let off the throttle, it will shoot flames about 5ft out the exhaust. A great touch to a very cool, tastefully done hot rod.
See more Fords for sale on Hemmings.com.
Editor’s note: The purpose of the “Find of the Day” is to highlight interesting cars from our classifieds. These are not the actual ads, so to view more images or contact the seller with questions, click on the hyperlink (underlined green text), which will take you to the classified ad itself.