Restored 1979 Jeep CJ-5 Golden Eagle for sale on Hemmings.com. From the seller’s description:
Complete frame up restoration completed in 2016. All paperwork and receipts kept and available for review. Entire restoration documented with photos.
Jeep body and frame restoration completed by Law Dawg restorations in Orlando, FL. Engine restoration and build was completed by Kevin Mobley of Deland Auto Parts speed shop. Kevin is very well known locally as a high horsepower race engine builder and is a genius with an engine. No expense was spared in the restoration of this Jeep. I planned on keeping it forever, but things change. Here are some details of the build, the Jeep must be seen and driven in person to really appreciate.
– 1979 frame sandblasted and powder coated.
– All brake and gas lines replaced with stainless steel lines.
– front and rear axles rebuilt and painted
– transmission was completely rebuilt and painted
– front and rear drive shafts rebuilt and painted
– new fuel tank and fuel sender
– all new steering components and steering dampener
– all new leaf springs and shocks
– Golden Eagle wheels repainted as they would from factory
– new 31×10.50 BF Goodrich all terrain tires
All documented with receipts and photos.
– 1979 Jeep CJ5 body had extensive rust. A donor body was purchased and restored. Body had extensive metal work to ensure perfection. Body is all metal, no fiberglass. Entire floor and side panels replaced with high quality “Jeep” replacements, not cheap foreign body panels.
– body painted factory Olympic white
– new Golden Eagle decals and custom pinstriping
– original dash restored and painted.
– new gauges, cables, and new retro sounds blue tooth radio.
– A/C added
– New tilt steering column with original Jeep steering wheel
– New steel windshield frame and windshield
– new wipers and wiper motor
– new seats, seat belts, and center console
– new rollbar padding, new bestop Tan soft top with full doors
– new Bimini top included
Again, everything documented with photos and receipts
– Factory 304 Jeep V8 block cleaned, magna-fluxed, and bored .60 over
– new custom pistons and rods
– factory heads had intake and exhaust valves ported
– all new roller valve train and performance roller cam shaft
– new performance aluminum valve covers
– new edelbrock performance air gap intake
– new holly carburetor
– new ceramic coated headers, shorty style
– new high flow fuel pump and high flow water pump
– new alternator
– new dual electric cooling fans
Engine was dyno’ed after completion. I have print out from dyno. Engine puts out 350hp!!! This is almost unheard of from an AMC 304!!
Complete engine build is again documented with photos and receipts. Build sheet and dyno results are also available for review.
There is no doubt I am forgetting many things, the Jeep can be viewed with advanced notice in Deland, FL. Viewing it in person is the only way to truly appreciate it. Since completion, this Jeep has been garage stored and never abused or used off road. I have invested too much money into it to beat it up. It is a blast to drive and very powerful and fast….and sounds amazing. It will cruise at 60-65 mph with no problem.
Deland , Florida
See more Jeeps for sale on Hemmings.com.